Monday, January 4, 2010

Week 4 : Blogging & Podcasting

Ok,so here I am at week 4 and I feel more overwhelmed then ever before.
I started this contest with the hope that I had a chance at possibly winning this contest...I no longer feel that way at all...if anything, I would say this confirms my feelings about having a team to help me. I'm sooo lost with this blogging thing...I haven't even been able to find a blog ...except Brooklyn Vegan...but even that is not the right vibe for me....I write very Pop/Rock mainstream sounding tunes...the kind of music that would be totally shunned on by the artsy fartsy community where many have the mentality that if you write songs with commercial appeal ,your a sellout...or perhaps not a true artist...I've been around...I know what I know...I know that couldn't be further from the truth in my case,which is why I'm not crazy about this whole spend 5 hours a day to promote myself thing..because the truth is ,I'd rather be doing what I do...and that's working on MY craft...It's easy to say,you have to do this blogging thing to promote yourself ,otherwise no one will know who you are...I get that...the thing is...it takes many hours in a day to be effective at your craft...I feel COMPLETELY out of MY element...I entered the river in week one...week 2 I started moving around...week 3 the current started getting stronger...and week 4 is forcing me to swim upstream...seems to go against things I've learned in life on how to be successful...If it's work you don't like to do and your not good at doing it...then how can you be successful at doing it?....The answer is simple....you can't...but I will continue with the contest because ,...well for one thing,....I'm not a quitter ...so on to week 5...which is tricky because I'm still overwhelmed with week 4....OK anyway...see ya next week....until then ,I wish you...and myself...

peace.luv.music.
fiZ

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tony!

    I'm on Ariel's Music Success judging panel, and wanted to stop by and say hello!

    I know how this work can feel overwhelming, but it can be done. I found a video tip for finding key music bloggers at http://www.youtube.com/user/Digipendent#p/u/3/R--nFZ0q_m4 Hope this helps!

    Good luck with the contest!

    Carla
    http://RockStarLifeLessons.com
    http://Twitter.com/carlalynnehall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony,
    Hype Machine (hypem.com) is a great resource for finding music blogs. There are plenty of blogs on there that would appreicate your music. Check it out and good luck with the contest!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete