Monday, January 18, 2010

Ariel Contest Week 5 :Newsletter list Vs Email List

OK...it's Martin Luther King Jr. day(thank you Martin!) and most people are off for this holiday...
I could choose not to do anything today, what good would that do me...

So here I am at Week 5 and this 'aint no jive,' tryin' to stay alive...I got's ta get it right.
Well I've had a mailing list for about ten years now...maybe a little less...I dunno,...all I know is I should have well over a thousand people on it by now, but I don't,so I'm completely open to suggestions...and some of Ariel's I have been using already...I've had contests and all sorts of interation with my fiZ fanZ, BUT...who are they?...how old are they? etc.etc....well,here's another tricky area for me,...I have fanZ of all ages....Sixteen year old girls & boys,Moms and their kids...I would say women tend to big my biggest fans..I would say allot of my fans know that I have a passion to help others through my organization "Notes For Life",by doing fundraisers and performing for children in need,so that is a big part of my focus...my newest episode of fiZTV has me interviewing a mother and her son Anthony who is blind and sings(and now learning the piano)...so,that's the direction I'm going in with fiZTV.

There are areas I really want to improve on in this area...For one,I think my writing skills are of weak (strange for a songwriter ,eh?). I have a layout I use with my banner on top ,but I need a more professional looking email templete...ok...I'm reading Week 6 right now....there's no doubt that I'm going to need to back trace my steps and go over these weeks,but I feel it's best to keep moving on instead of getting overwelmed....so I'm off to see the Wizard!....Until next time...I wish you...

peace.luv.music.
fiZ
www.fiZband.com

1 comment:

  1. In chapter 6 of Ariel's book, she talks about sending surveys to your email list. This is another great way to interact with your fans, and find out what they want.

    If you're using an email system that gives you tracking info, it's also a good idea to find out how many folks are opening your emails, so you can learn what is working.

    Keep on keeping on!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete