Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Week One with Ariel's Book- Goal Setting

So I'm reading Week 1:Getting Mentally Prepared...it makes sense that Ariel starts her book this way, knowing what a big fan I am of things like The Secret, Law of Attraction ,Positive thinking,ect ect....So of course there is a big emphasis on goals...hmmm...very interesting indeed...She mentions writing down five successes everyday, something she learned from T.Harv Eker...I've been to his seminar...he's big on knowing people's blueprint for money mindset....I wonder if it's trickier for artists to get in this kind of goal setting/business mindset then it is for people that are more business oriented,like Ariel...she obviously has used this technique quite effectively...where I honestly have not been as diligent with effectively writing daily goals...Although I shouldn’t be too hard on myself, because as I near the end of this year ,I can look back and see that in 2009...

1. I released an AMAZING CD with some of Rock n Roll's greatest musicians playing with me on it, like Steve Holly from McCartney's old band "Wings’, Paul Errico,"Steve Forbet's keyboardist, Produced by super genius Bob Stander.

2. My Organization "Notes for Life" put together an incredible; one of a kind concert called "Music and Mediums" and raised $10,000 for "The Golden Fund for Autism".

3. Channel 12 News did a segment on me for their show "People Making a Difference”, for my performances for Physically Challenged Children.

4. I was able to make it through another year as a full-time musician while simultaneously continuing to do charity performances for Physically Challenged Children.

5. I wrote a bunch of new songs for the next CD,(to be released in 2010...God Willing)

as well as a number of other accomplishments.....so why does a Singer/Songwriter that has a big vision AND goal board in front of him right now feel a little hmm....unfocused? All I know is...I NEED A TEAM!...that is one of my biggest goals...The Beatles needed Brian ,...Elvis needed the Colonel (Except at the end)...and so on...I bet my blueprint is flashing right now...cry baby!...I dunno...I'm workin' it,I'm workin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment